Remember When: Wind power
by TP staff
Jul 10, 2014 | 1335 views | 0 0 comments | 9 9 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Last week’s Remember When mystery photo, below left, showed highway construction in 1973 in the Sacramento area. In the background is the last Giant Orange stand in this part of California. At first, we thought the photo was taken at the intersection of Grant Line Road and 11th Street, at what was commonly called “Banta Junction.” But the shape of the building does not match that of the Giant Orange stand that was at Banta Junction. At one time, there were as many as three Giant Orange locations in the Tracy area. They were first operated by “Pop” Pohl and later by Ollie and Flo Hartman.

Today’s Remember When mystery photo, top left, shows two boys providing wind power for a miniature windmill in the summer of 1978. Who are they and what was the occasion?

• If you know the answer or can’t wait until next week to get it, email shm@tracypress.com or call 830-4234.

 

 
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet


We encourage readers to share online comments in this forum, but please keep them respectful and constructive. This is not a space for personal attacks, libelous statements, profanity or racist slurs. Comments that stray from the topic of the story or are found to contain abusive language are subject to removal at the Press’ discretion, and the writer responsible will be subject to being blocked from making further comments and have their past comments deleted. Readers may report inappropriate comments by e-mailing the editor at tpnews@tracypress.com.