San Joaquin County sheriff’s deputies cited three teenagers, including two from Tracy, for vandalizing the corn maze at the Dell’Osso Family Farms Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch.
School district trustees have approved a contract with a consulting firm to do a full review of the educational program at Clover Middle School.
Tony Meiring, a Tracy High School graduate, has finished in the top 10 in recent Supersport and Superstock motorcycle races.
A bond issue placed on the ballot by San Joaquin Delta College’s board of trustees includes $62 million to build a south-county campus at Mountain House.
A 4.5-acre park at Hidden Lake subdivision has been dedicated in the name of Joe Tiago, a Marine Reserve brigadier general and local farmer and community leader.
25 years ago — 1988
Rep. Norm Shumway, R-Stockton, spent a day in Tracy, visiting local schools and senior citizens.
A memorial service has been held for Cheryl Harper, a 33-year-old former Tracy resident who lost her fight against leukemia.
Workbench True Value Hardware has reopened on East 10th Street after a new building was completed to replace the one destroyed by fire three months ago. (The building now houses Monument Auto Parts.)
Heavy fog shrouded Interstate 205 when a number of vehicles collided, sending four people to the hospital.
A delegation of Tracy civic and community leaders is headed to Kansas to lobby Yellow Freight Systems to establish its new regional hub in Tracy.
“Hercules” Tsirelos is opening the new Horseshoe Restaurant on West 11th Street. The two-story, 9,000-square-foot building replaces a single-story structure that has been demolished.
Russ Kagehiro is harvesting cauliflower west of town.
The Tracy High Bulldogs downed Lodi 29-21 on Peter B. Kyne Field, paving their way to the playoffs.
50 years ago — 1963
Residents of Union and Roberts islands north of Tracy met at the R-U Center to hear a proposal by John Zuckerman to form a high school district in the Delta. Delta elementary districts, independent so far, are being forced to join the Tracy Joint Union High School District.
The processing tomato harvest in the Tracy area has come to a close. Local fields yielded an estimated 277,000 tons.
Waldon Thompson, an aircraft instructor at Deuel Vocational Institution, is the new president of Tracy Toastmasters. He is also chairman of the city planning commission.
Lon Slayter has opened his real estate office at 44 W. 11th St. in the Tracy Inn building.
Tracy civic and business leaders toured the California Aqueduct construction west of town.
75 years ago — 1938
Members of the Tracy City Council are reviewing plans for the development of the 10-acre park donated to the city by the Charles Slack family. (The park became Lincoln Park.)
Voters in the West Side Irrigation District approved a plan to refinance the district’s bonded debt, saving an estimated $500,000.
Annie Fabian, widow of pioneer Tracy merchant Philip Fabian, died in San Francisco at the age of 81.
Mr. and Mrs. Willard Hurst are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Mr. Hurst formerly operated a tavern in Tracy.
100 years ago — 1913
Concrete sidewalks are being constructed on West 10th Street.
The Fabian-Grunauer Co. is building a showroom for farm implements in the store at the corner of Sixth Street and Central Avenue.
Farmers in the area have been ordered to kill squirrels on their property, or the state will kill the rodents for them and bill the landowners.