Finding the September dates of the past year less than satisfactory, fair directors have moved the fair back to June, where it had been for several decades.
The fair’s five-day run begins Wednesday, June 12, and continues through Sunday, June 16.
Admission is $3 for adults and free for children 12 and younger. Parking in the fairgrounds lot is $5.
Horse racing dates, which had prompted the move to September, will remain in that month with racing set for Sept. 20-22 and 27-29.
With the race track free of racing in June, a series of special nighttime grandstand events are planned this year.
They include motorcycle races on Thursday, June 13, tractor pulls on June 14, tractor pulls with hay-squeeze races on June 15 and bull-riding on June 16.
Admission is charged for these events. A number of daytime events at the grandstand include a rodeo.
Free entertainment — music, racing pigs, a BMX show, and Frisbee-catching dogs — will be ongoing at a number of venues throughout the fairgrounds at Charter and Airport ways in Stockton.
Exhibits from a number of organizations in the county and judging of junior livestock entries will continue throughout the five-day fair run.
The annual Junior Livestock Auction, where 4-H Club and FFA exhibitors sell their animals to the highest bidders, is June 15, beginning at 8 a.m.
A carnival and midway featuring a variety of refreshment options will be ongoing
The fair will be open from noon to 10 p.m. for exhibits and noon to midnight for the carnival and midway.
At a glance
• WHAT: San Joaquin County Fair
• WHEN: Wednesday, June 12, through Sunday, June 16
• WHERE: County fairgrounds, Charter and Airport ways, in Stockton
• HOURS: Noon to 10 p.m. for buildings; noon to midnight for midway and carnival
• ADMISSION: $3 for adults; free for children 12 and younger; parking, $5
• ENTERTAINMENT: Grandstand evening events — June 13, motorcycle races; June 14, national tractor pulls; June 15, tractor pulls with hay-squeeze races; June 16, international bull-riding. Continuous free events at fair venues.
• JUNIOR LIVESTOCK SALE: June 15 — 8 a.m., sheep ring; 9 a.m.,
• HORSE RACING: Sept. 20-22 and 27-29
• INFO: 466-5041 or www.sanjoaquinfair.com