The council, which is affiliated with the San Joaquin County United Way chapter, distributed grants totaling $18,001. The money was donated by Tracy businesses, residents and fundraisers during 2012.
Community council co-Chairman Ted Guzman handed out the checks during a luncheon at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital.
Guzman said the grant process ensures the donations from Tracy-area residents are distributed to nonprofits that are active in the city.
“We make sure that the programs are going to serve Tracy citizens and families,” he said. “We have gotten to know the agencies over the years. We know what they’re going to do.
Those receiving money were:
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Tracy, $1,900 for sports programs
• Children at Risk Inc., $2,000 for a Healthy Tomorrow event
• Emergency Food Bank, $500 for a mobile farmers market
• Give Every Child a Chance, $1,900 for summer tutoring
• Hospice of San Joaquin, $1,850 for ongoing programs
• McHenry House Tracy Family Shelter, $2,500 for stress management for parents
• Pregnancy Resource Center, $2,000 for cribs and car seats
• Second Harvest Food Bank, $1,850 for food for seniors
• Tracy Chamber Foundation, $1,501 for the Hire Me First program
• Tracy Interfaith Ministries, $2,000 for the Families at Risk utility support program
• Contact Jon Mendelson at 830-4231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.