Dave and Pam Warta, two volunteers who have headed up holiday events in Tracy for 12 years, are organizing Tracy’s Home for the Holidays not as a fundraising event, but as a community celebration of the holiday season.
“We are joining with the Tracy Sunrise Rotary Foundation, not to raise money, but to give Tracy residents an opportunity to come together with family and friends and start the holidays off,” Pam Warta said. “If there is any money left after covering expenses, it will go to local charities.”
In addition to individual ticketed events Nov. 17 and 18, the Portuguese Hall, 340 W. Ninth St., will be open to the public both days from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free for the holiday boutique and children’s activities, including photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, balloons by Ron Young and face painting by Sparkles the clown.
During both days, the Child ID program and information on Drug Abuse Resistance Education will be offered.
Tracy’s Home for the Holidays activities begin Nov. 17, a Saturday, with a senior citizens breakfast served by Town & Country Catering from 9 to 11 a.m. Tickets are $10.
A holiday dinner-dance is scheduled that evening, with dinner, dancing and a holiday boutique. Activities begin at 5 p.m. with no-host cocktails, followed by dinner catered by Mike Bacchetti at 6:30 p.m. and then dancing. Tickets are $55 per person.
Nov. 18, a Sunday, kicks off with a family breakfast with Santa from 9 a.m. to noon. Breakfast tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for children.
From 1 to 4 p.m. that day, holiday fashions will be on display from two clothing boutiques — 2nd Avenue and My Best Friend’s Closet. Wine and cheese will be served during the fashion show. Tickets are $20 each.
Sunday activities are capped off with a Family Night at the Movies from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. A holiday classic movie, “The Polar Express,” will be featured. Popcorn and treats will be served. Tickets are $5 for a family of four and $2 for each additional person.
Tracy’s annual Thanksgiving dinner for senior citizens will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 19, a Monday. There is no charge for the dinner, but reservations are encouraged.
At a glance
• WHAT: Tracy’s Home for the Holidays
• WHEN: Nov. 17 to 19
• WHERE: Portuguese Hall, 340 W. Ninth St.
• DETAILS: Open to the public at no charge from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for Holiday Boutique and activities for children. Ticketed events: Saturday, senior breakfast, 9 to 11 a.m.; dinner-dance, 5 p.m. Sunday, family breakfast, 9 a.m. to noon; fashion show, 5:30 p.m.; family night at the movies, 5:30 p.m. Monday, senior Thanksgiving dinner, 5 to 7 p.m.
• RESERVATIONS: Due by Nov. 12 at 833-7330 or firstname.lastname@example.org; checks payable to Tracy Sunrise Rotary Foundation, 27828 S. Traina Court, Tracy, CA 95304
• INFO: www.tracyshomefortheholidays.com